CO-ORDINATOR: NATIONAL SERVICE DELIVERY
Potatoes SA (PSA), a non-profit company, was established to serve, protect, and promote the interests of the South African potato industry. PSA offers various strategic services to producers and other role players; and to fulfil its role, it focuses on the following key areas: research and development, industry information, transformation, market development and generic product promotion.
PSA, situated in Pretoria, seeks to appoint an experienced and dynamic person to the following position: Co-ordinator: National Service Delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining relationships with head office-based team of specialists, potato farmers and stakeholders in the potato industry.
- Analyse potato industry regional needs and communicate these with specialists for project formulation.
- Collaborate with industry and core business specialist to plan and present projects for approval.
- Facilitate communication of approved projects to regions for implementation.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on all PSA projects for impact and relevance to PSA and producers.
- Manage all regional co-ordinators plans, activities, and reporting.
- Support regional co-ordinators with regional management liaison duties.
- Ensure effective communication to farmers regarding planned projects and roll out for the different regions.
- Organise the industry for national events such as Congress.
The Co-ordinator: National Service Delivery, must have excellent leadership, communication and networking skills as well as experience in the agricultural and financial industry.
A Project Management and Business- or equivalent qualification will be an advantage.
- 5 – 10-year leadership experience at a senior level.
- Technical knowledge of the agricultural industry.
- Excellent computer proficiency.
- Ability to conduct a needs analysis.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplined team and work with stakeholders.
- Must be able to solve problems and provide leadership.
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask and work with multiple stakeholders.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to deliver through a team and specialist support.
- Advanced networking and relationship building skills.
- Excellent business acumen is essential.
Key Performance Areas:
- Financial Perspective: Planning, Budgeting, Project Management
- Leadership & Colleagues: Collaboration, Team Engagement and Management, Administration
- Customer Perspective: Stakeholder Liaison; Regional Services co-ordination
- Compliance & Process: Regional Meeting organisational work
- The appointment will be subject to a positive security clearance.
- The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer of Potatoes South Africa.
- A market-related remuneration package will be offered to the preferred candidate.
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit their applications accompanied by a covering letter, detailed CV (including certificates, supporting documents, copy of drivers’ license) and the names and particulars of 3 traceable referees to Ms. Sue Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 20 September 2021
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who do not receive any response from PSA two (2) weeks after the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful. PSA has the right not to appoint.
PSA is an equal opportunity employer but is committed to the principles and processes of Employment Equity.