POSITION: MARKETING INTERN
Potatoes SA (PSA), a non-profit company, was established to serve, protect and promote the interests of the South African potato industry. PSA offers various strategic services to producers and other role players; and to fulfill its role, it focuses on the following key areas: research and development, industry information, transformation, market development and generic product promotion.
PSA, situated in Pretoria, seeks to appoint an experienced and dynamic person to the following position:
Key performance areas:
- Manage and facilitate the product promotion mix elements of PR, Above the Line Advertising, Sporting events & Sponsorship, Consumer Website, Social Media platforms projects in consultation with the Manager: Marketing;
- Research, analyzing and reporting on factors affecting the marketing of potatoes, including quality, consumer behaviour, price trends and the regulatory environment;
- Relationship building, management and communication with key stakeholders;
- Contribute to the positioning of PSA as an organisation of excellence in marketing related matters;
- Mobilise internal and external resources for effective market development and generic product promotion initiatives;
- Effective financial and administrative management.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent;
- Strong interpersonal/people management skills and excellent oral and written communication skills is essential;
- Computer literacy;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Work closely with line managers to create, source and verify information for sharing with key industry role players; and
- Valid Code B driver’s license
- The successful candidate will report to the Manager of the Marketing Division of Potatoes South Africa.
- A small stipend will be offered to the preferred candidate.
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit their applications accompanied by a covering letter, detailed CV (including certificates, supporting documents, copy of drivers’ license) to Ms. Sue Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 22 March 2022
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants who do not receive any response from PSA one (1) week after the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful. PSA has the right not to appoint.
PSA is an equal opportunity employer but is committed to the principles and processes of Employment Equity.
POSITION: TRANSFORMATION SPECIALIST
Potatoes South Africa (PSA) is a non-profit company established to serve, protect and promote the interests of the South African potato industry. PSA offers a wide range of strategic services to producers and other role players, with the focus on the core business functions of research, industry information, transformation, and marketing development and promotion. At regional level, PSA provides the necessary services to potato producers so as to ensure delivery in terms of the core business functions.
PSA is seeking to appoint a Transformation Specialist, with the incumbent to be based at the head office in Pretoria.
- Establish national and regional projects that are aligned to the strategy for socio economic and enterprise development programmes
- Manage the successful implementation of all national and regional projects relating to socio economic and enterprise development programmes
- Coordinate activities with other stakeholders
- Continuous monitoring and implementation of all projects
- Accumulation of production figures through visits to producers, information days, by telephone and completion of crop reports
- Assist producers with information to ensure good production practices
- To address the issue of skills shortage by doing skills audits and facilitating the provision of identified training needs
- To keep a database and footprint of all the projects and identify new projects with a potential
- Provide agronomic advice to new potato farmers
- A relevant Agricultural Degree with a strong focus on crop production is important.
- Proven 5 years’ experience in providing agricultural technical services.
- Fluency in at least 2 South African Languages one of which must be English.
- A valid driver’s license, and the willingness and ability to travel when necessary.
- A proactive approach with excellent people skills
- Confident and resilient work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate and to motivate others, both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to take the initiative.
- Commitment to the delivery of timely and accurate results.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team, while managing an existing workload, in an effective and efficient manner.
- Attention to details, while maintaining a deadline-driven approach.
A market-related remuneration package will be offered to the preferred candidate. Preference will be given to candidates who fulfil the requirements of the employment equity policy of PSA.
Applications (accompanied by the candidate’s CV, as well as certified copies of the identity document and all relevant certificates) are to be forwarded to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 15 March 2022, and no late applications will be accepted. Any applicant not contacted within one (1) month of the closing date should accept that his/her application was unsuccessful.